BSN Scholarships and Awards
The nursing department has a variety of scholarships and awards for students. Some are rewards for academic or clinical performance while others are primarily need-based. These awards are described in detail below.
CampusRN Scholarship Program
CampusRN has launched a new scholarship program in conjunction with the creation of the CampusRN state edition network. This nationwide scholarship program is the most comprehensive of its kind for nursing programs and nursing students because it features scholarship winners from six different regions across the country in which CampusRN has launched state edition sites. CampusRN will award six $2500 scholarships to a needy and deserving nursing student in each region.
The deadline for applications is April 1st, students can apply for the scholarship program at: http://www.campusrn.com/register/scholarship.asp
- Whitehead Scholarships: A lump-sum scholarship fund for nursing students is given to the nursing department by the Whitehead Foundation on an annual basis. They are need-based scholarships for Christian females from southern states. The financial aid office determines need eligibility and awards are made by the Nursing Department Head. No application is needed and all eligible students are considered. Awards are made to students at the junior and senior levels. The amount of individual awards is based on the total donation from the Whitehead Foundation, the number of eligible students, and the level of need. Larger awards are made to upper level students. Students on academic suspension, probation, or warning are not eligible for this scholarship.
- Henley Scholarship
- McHone Scholarship
Scholarships and Awards that are Honors/Awards
All applications or nominations are March 1.
- Merck Scholar Award: The Merck Award, given by the Merck Company, goes to the senior student with the highest cumulative GPA.
- The Nursing Honor Society Marcia Dake Scholarship
- Mary R. Waples Scholarship
- Victoria F. Alcantara '10 Memorial Scholarship in Nursing
- Victoria Alcantara Outstanding Nursing Student Award
- Rockingham Memorial Hospital Marcia A. Dake Award for Clinical Excellence
- Outstanding Senior Peer Award
- ROTC Scholarships
Other Helpful Links
Search here for scholarships for nursing students.
Nursing Student Loan program provides long-term, low-interest rate loans to full-time financially needy students pursuing BSN.
HRSA nursing program scholarships, loans, and loan repayments for nursing students.
Lists scholarships and grants at its website including category for nursing students.
Welcome to JMU Nursing
Our mission is to prepare nursing leaders to influence a changing profession, society, health care system, and world. The students, faculty and staff in our department meet the challenge to Be the Change in our university and in society. More >
Victoria Alcantara Memorial Scholarship Endowment in Nursing Announced. Alcantara, a junior nursing major, passed away on Sunday, Jan. 25, 2009 following a car accident. Read Story >