Transfer Student Information
Thank you for your interest in James Madison University’s Nursing Program. Included are some helpful directions and tips for a successful transition.
Admission to the Nursing Program is separate from admission to the university and requires a BSN Admission Application. Admission decisions are made each semester for the following semester. When you transfer, enroll in JMU, and complete one full-time semester at JMU, you may apply to the nursing program during the following admission cycle once you meet admission criteria. Further information about admission to the nursing program can be found at Admission FAQ. Admission to the Nursing program is competitive.
- Review the JMU Transfer Advising Website
- Complete your application to JMU.
- After you are accepted to JMU, the Admissions Office will schedule you for Transfer Orientation. Attend the Transfer Orientation in December for Spring transfers, and June for August transfers. At that time, the Registrar’s Office will analyze your transcripts and a nursing advisor/counselor will meet with you to plan your course of study, and advise when you can be considered for admission to the nursing program.
- Review our Department of Nursing (BSN) admission criteria.
- Complete and submit the BSN Admission Application once you have completed the requirements and prerequisites for admission and prior to the fall/spring application deadlines. Be sure to submit a separate copy of all official college transcripts directly to the nursing department. .
- During your first semester, get to know your academic advisor and schedule regular advising appointments with him/her.
Second Degree Seeking Students
- University Hours
May 11 - August 21
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Monday – Thursday.
8:00 a.m. - noon on Friday.
Welcome to JMU Nursing
Our mission is to prepare nursing leaders to influence a changing profession, society, health care system, and world. The students, faculty and staff in our department meet the challenge to Be the Change in our university and in society. More >