Mission, Vision & Values
We engage students, faculty and communities through dynamic and innovative nursing education, practice and scholarship to influence health in our world.
To be a SON nationally recognized for academic excellence and innovative contributions to health care.
||Act in a manner consistent with ethical reasoning and stated personal and professional values.
- Engaging in honest and factual communication
- Demonstrating congruency between action and communication
- Being accountable (accepting responsibility for upholding values)
- Presenting and upholding professional value systems and nursing code of ethics
||Promoting health, healing and hope in response to the human condition Caring incorporates the core ANA values of altruism, human dignity, integrity, autonomy and social justice.
- In combination with technical and scientific knowledge and skills, the nurse communicates and demonstrates concern, empathy, compassion and intention to help
- Active listening
- Demonstrates a commitment to act in the best interest of all stakeholders
||We maintain the highest standards of teaching, scholarship and clinical practice.
- Demonstrate clinical reasoning through the use of evidence-based practices
- Synthesize knowledge, skills and attitudes to promote health
- Contribute to nursing practices through research and analysis
- Seek innovation in teaching, scholarship and clinical practice
||A partnership to achieve mutual goals to influence health.
- Engage in inter-professional education, community service, scholarship, collaborative practice
- Initiate / conduct research with departmental and community partners
- Establish mentoring partnerships
||We are committed to giving voice to those we serve.
- Actively engaging in activities that influence social, health and academic policies
- Facilitating and respecting informed decision making
- Championing access to resources