Admission to the MSN Program
To Apply for the MSN Program apply to The Graduate School http://www.jmu.edu/grad
Admission to the Master of Science in Nursing Degree Program is competitive. To be considered for admission to the program prospective students must:
- Apply to the The Graduate School (http://www.jmu.edu/grad)
- Have a Bachelor's degree in nursing or another field, with a cumulative GPA of 2.8. (See below regarding provisional admission for lower GPA)
- Hold a current unrestricted Registered Nurse License.
- Provide GRE Scores or Miller Analogy Test (MAT) Scores
- Have relevant professional clinical experience
- Have taken undergraduate courses in Statistics and Health Assessment with a grade of C or higher. (Challenge exam for Health Assessment is available.)
- Hold current CPR certification and health records
- Meet the Department’s technical standards for admission
- Provide evidence of personal and professional qualifications in form of two (2) professional recommendations.
- For international students, provide evidence of passing grade on CGFNS exam (both parts). Apply for VA RN license (TOEFL 570 required). (Contact program director for more information.)
- Participate in an interview, upon request
For questions or additional information, Please contact Dawn Wyvill at (540) 568-2909.
- May 12 – August 15
JMU Summer Hours
Offices are open Monday through Thursday from 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. and on Friday from 8:00 a.m. - Noon