Admission to the MSN Program
To apply for the MSN Program apply to The Graduate School http://www.jmu.edu/grad
Admission to the Master of Science in Nursing Degree Program is competitive. To be considered for admission to the program prospective students must:
- Apply to the Graduate School (http://www.jmu.edu/grad)
- Have a Bachelor's degree in nursing or another field, with a cumulative GPA of 2.8.
- Hold a current unrestricted Registered Nurse License.
- Provide GRE Scores or Miller Analogy Test (MAT) Scores
(GRE Study Guide)
- Have relevant professional clinical experience
- Have taken undergraduate or graduate course in Statistics with a grade of C or higher.
- Hold current CPR certification and health records.
- Meet the School’s technical standards for admission.
- Provide evidence of personal and professional qualifications in form of two (2) professional recommendations.
- For international students, provide evidence of passing grade on CGFNS exam (both parts). Apply for VA RN license (TOEFL 570 required). (Contact program director for more information.)
- Participate in an interview, upon request.
For questions or additional information, please contact Dawn Wyvill at (540) 568-2909.
- Graduate Nursing Information Sessions
Tuesday, September 20
- Frequently Asked Questions Regarding Differential Tuition for Nursing Courses
- August/September 2016 - Nursing Newsletter