RN to BSN Admission
The deadlines for applications are April 15 for fall admission and October 15 for spring admission. Applicants who apply prior to April 15 will be given first consideration.
September 26: Transcript reviews for spring 2015 will be closed after this date. All transcripts received after this date will be reviewed for possible admission fall 2015.
March 16: Transcript reviews for fall 2015 will be closed after this date. All transcript reviews after this date will be reviewed for possible admission for spring 2016
Admission to the RN-BSN program of study in Nursing is competitive. Prospective students must have the following qualifications:
- Associate Degree or Diploma in Nursing from a community college or diploma nursing school.
- Transcripts reflecting a cumulative GPA on all college work attempted of 2.5 or better on a 4-point scale.
- TOEFL scores greater than 570 for international applicants
- Current unrestricted RN license in any state, Washington D.C., or a U.S possession or territory.
- Graduates of foreign nursing schools, who are licensed outside of the United States, are required to pass the Qualifying Exam of the Commission on Graduates of Foreign Nursing Schools (CGFNS)
- Employment as an RN for a minimum of six months or plans to practice concurrently with coursework.
- Ability to meet the department's Technical Standards for nursing practice (posted on the nursing website).
There is a mandatory 2-day RN-BSN Orientation held before the start of each semester that counts toward the 1 credit course NSG 324 – Strategies for Academic Success. *** Students unable to attend, have to defer to the following semester.
- Send an Email to Theresa Jennings, Admissions coordinator, at email@example.com, with a list of all institutions you have attended and your current mailing address; this will allow us to track transcripts as they are received. Send all official college transcripts to:
Outreach & Engagement
127 West Bruce Street, Ice Factory 312
Harrisonburg, VA 22807
- Once all transcripts are received, they will be sent to the program coordinator for evaluation. If the program coordinator determines that you are a qualified candidate, you will be sent further instructions on how to access the application
- Candidates may be asked to participate in a face to face or online interview via Skype or Facetime.
Once the program coordinator has determined that you are a qualified applicant, you must:
- Apply for admission to the RN-BSN Program using the following link: https://www.applyweb.com/jmubsn/. Online applications are accepted through April 15 for fall admission and October 15 for spring admission.
- A copy of current RN licensure will be obtained prior to entry into the program.
- Once your application is complete and all materials have been received, it will be sent to the program coordinator and RN-BSN admissions committee for a final admissions decision.
- JMU RN to BSN Program Rated a Best Value
- January 12
Classes meet as scheduled
- January 19
Martin Luther King, Jr. Holiday
Classes do not meet.
- March 9-13