RN to BSN Completion Program
Farrell Scholarship for RN to BSN Students
Criteria for Application
Dr. Francis (JMU ’82) and Mary Carter Farrell (JMU ’84) established the endowed Farrell Scholarship in 2004 in honor of their parents, Frank and Eva Farrell. Mrs. Eva Farrell, a registered nurse, was widowed at age 42 with seven children. Following graduation as a nurse, she did not practice during 20 years as a homemaker. In 1977 she returned to nursing and practiced for 20 years, becoming a supervisor prior to her retirement from Roanoke Memorial Hospital. Dr. Farrell was impressed that the skills, values, and knowledge base his mother received as a young nursing student allowed her to begin a nursing career at 47 years of age.
- Registered nurse with an Associate Degree who has gained admission to James Madison University RN to BSN program as a full-time student
- Demonstration of excellence in and commitment to nursing practice
- Self-reported financial need
Procedure for Nomination:
- Complete the application form and return to the School of Nursing by March 1.
- Substantiate your application concisely and specifically. Responses are evaluated according to quality of written presentation, and the breadth and adequacy of documentation of need.