Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Resources
JMU DEI Resources
College of Health and Behavioral Studies DEI Resources
Featured on Our Website
- May is Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month
- Improving LBGTQ+ and Two Spirit Health Care
- JMU SoN - Student Diversity Club
- Asian American Anti-Racism & Bystander Intervention Resources
- Meet Vivienne Pierce McDaniel - Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Ambassador and Consultant
- Celebrate the achievements of Black Nurses throughout our history
Nursing DEI Resources
- American Nurses Association
- American Association of Colleges of Nursing
- AACN Diversity Toolkit (PDF)
- The American Association for Men in Nursing
- Asian American/Pacific Islander Nurses Association
- Chi Eta Phi Sorority
- National Black Nurses Association
- National League for Nursing Diversity and Inclusion Toolkit
- Philippine Nurses Association of America, Inc.
- Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing
- Virginia Nurses Association
Anti Racism Resources
Speak up Dukes!
Take the Campus Climate Survey
Please invest the time to complete the survey and spread the word to your classmates, students, colleagues and friends so that every voice can be heard. Some of what we will learn from this study will be challenging to hear, but it is only by understanding your lives that we can make them, and JMU, better.
Media & Events
CHBS Visiting Scholar: Dr. Sacoby Wilson
Dr. Sacoby Wilson will present a virtual keynote address at 7:00 PM on October 5 titled “Bending the Arc to Environmental, Climate, and Racial Justice: The Role of Community Science.”
Join the virtual presentation on YouTube
Check Out the AACN Diversity Toolkit
JMU Civic’s Antiracism and Social Justice:
Video: Ending systemic racism & creating an inclusive society
SON Faculty Book Club
Meeting times coming soon.
Meanwhile, view authors Priya Vulchi and and Winona Guo introduce "What it takes to be racially literate"
Upcoming Conference for Antiracist Teaching, Language, and Assessment
Online and hosted by Oregon State University over three Friday afternoons in September and October. Registration is free! For more info, visit https://www.atlaconf.com/.