- Fully On-Line Program
- Flexible start dates
- Full-time and part-time available
- 31-46 credits (depending on transcripts and previous course-related practice hours)
- Ongoing admissions for Fall, Spring and Summer semesters
- Individualized plans of study to support you as you meet your personal, professional and educational goals
- Exceptional faculty with diverse backgrounds focused on your success
Program Coordinator Welcome
On behalf of the faculty and staff, I welcome you to the James Madison University Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) webpages. We appreciate your interest in the program. The DNP program is an innovative online program with full-time and part-time study.
Because DNP education is specialized, the specialty content preparing DNP graduates for various practice roles will differ substantially across specialty areas. However, all DNP graduates will demonstrate the competencies in The Essentials of Doctoral Education for Advanced Practice Nursing by the American Association of Colleges of Nursing.
We recognize that it may be difficult for candidates to decide on the DNP program that best suits their personal situation. We hope that this website will provide the information you seek. If, however, you have additional questions, please contact us through any of the avenues listed under the Our People.
Christine Argenbright, PhD, RN, CNL
Interim DNP Program Coordinator